Updated Time: 2022-09-29
With steady easing of border measures, Taiwan to end quarantine and adopt 7-day self-initiated prevention policy for arrivals on October 13
Considering that the entry and exit regulations of Taiwan may be changed at any time according to the epidemic situation, the organizing committees would update the latest policy as soon as the government announced.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 90 days: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Eswatini*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras*, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan*, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Marshall Island*, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia*(effective till March 31, 2025), Norway, Palau, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tuvalu*, the United Kingdom, the United States of America*, and Vatican City State.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 30 days: Belize*, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Nauru, St. Kitts and Nevis*, Saint Lucia*, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, and Singapore.
- Nationals of the kingdom of Thailand (effective till July 31, 2023), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports-are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 14 days.
- Nationals of Brunei (effective till July 31, 2023), except those holding diplomatic or official/ service passports-are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 14 days. In addition, those holding a Brunei Certificate of Identity are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 14 days.
- Nationals of Philippines (effective till July 31, 2023), except those holding diplomatic or official/service passports, are eligible for the visa exemption program, with a duration of stay of up to 14 days.
- A passport with remaining validity of at least six months as of the date of entry.
- A confirmed return air/sea ticket or air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure flight.
- Holders of Brunei, Philippines and Thailand passports must have: A proof of accommodation (hotel) booking, host / sponsor’s contact information and sufficient travel funds.
For more information, please visit: https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-149-4486-7785a-2.html
Step 1.: Complete the online registration of IEEE/ASME MESA 2022
- Request the Invitation Letter from the Conference Secretariat, MESA2022@elitepco.com.tw, once the online registration process and payment is done
Step 2.: Online application of entry permit
- Online visa application form (boca.gov.tw)
- Read the important announcement carefully, tick the “I have read and agreed to the above terms and conditions” and click on “Confirm & Continue”
- Create a New General VISA Application Form by fill in the Travel Details
- Send out and Submit the application form to obtain the Application Temporary No. & Application No.
- Print out and Sign the application form
Step 3.: Prepare require documents for application and appear to the local Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China (Taiwan), to apply for the Business VISA.
|Completed & signed application form||Please access the website: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw/ to fill out application form online and print it out.|
|Two passport-size photos in color within 6 months||Photos with a white color background|
|Passport (original & photocopy)||Valid for 6 months with blank pages|
|Evidence of business activities||1. Invitation Letter|
2. Ongoing letters, trading records (e.g. LC, remittance receipt…etc.)
|Details of the contact person in Taiwan||name, address, telephone number…etc.|
|Other additional documents may be required during processing||Ticket, electronic ticket or proof of a travel agency|
It is recommended to contact the local office in advance to confirm the required documents
- Information of local office can be found via the following link:
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China(Taiwan) (boca.gov.tw)
- Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs:
HEALTH REQUIREMENTSOne person per residence in his or her quarantine location OR stay in a quarantine hotel
The Policy of Epidemic Prevention for COVID-19 As the pandemic of COVID-19 around the world is changeable, the epidemic prevention policy from the government is changing day by day. You may see the most updated policy in Taiwan via the below website.
- Taiwan Centers for Disease Control
- Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs